The Coach House offers high quality accommodation, with an attention to detail intended to help you really enjoy your stay. We offer all modern amenities.
The open-plan living space is light and airy and consists of:
- a fully equipped kitchen, including electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, Tassimo coffee machine, fridge freezer and a small additional freezer
- a dining area with table and chairs, and table linen included
- a comfortable seating area with coffee table, leather sofa and armchair. There is a Smart TV with Netflix, a Roberts radio and BOSE Bluetooth speaker.
Off the entrance hall is the newly fitted bathroom, with full size bath with overhead rainfall high-power shower, flexible riser and pedestal sink. Bathrobes and towels are included.
Adjacent to the bathroom is the spacious double bedroom, which is fully carpeted and furnished to a high standard, with beautiful antique furniture. The bed is made up with a feather duvet and luxurious White Company bed linen.
The pretty, courtyard garden has a seating area with table and chairs, and a Cobb Premier BBQ system. Off road parking is immediately outside the cottage.
What is supplied?
We supply enough tea, coffee, sugar and milk to get you started, plus olive oil and salt and pepper. We also provide:
- all the essentials like toilet rolls, liquid soap, cleaning products, refuse and recycling bags and dishwasher tablets
- bed linen, bathrobes, and a hairdryer
- all towels and tea towels
- all electricity and central heating
What kind of bedding do you provide?
The bed will be made up with high quality 100% cotton White Company bed linen. The pillows are hypo-allergenic and the duvet is feather. If this is a problem, please contact us to discuss.
Are there shops nearby?
There is a fresh produce stall just along the lane at the neighbouring farm, plus two community shops and a Co-op within two miles. Tesco, Sainsburys and Waitrose are within six miles of the property, with other major supermarkets slightly further afield.
We also have a choice of farm shops (with great cafes!) nearby. These include Jimmy’s Farm, which was featured in the Channel 4 series of the same name, Suffolk Food Hall which boasts panoramic views of the River Orwell and Hall Farm situated in the heart of the Dedham Vale.
Can I have an online food shop delivered?
We are happy for you to arrange an online food delivery, but please ensure it is after your arrival time.
What time is arrival?
We have everything ready for your arrival by 1.00pm. Departure is by 10am.
What is a Cobb Premier BBQ?
A Cobb Premier BBQ system is a portable outdoor cooking system. We supply enough solid fuel stones to get you started and have extra available on request.
How accessible is the property for someone with limited mobility?
- There are two steps to the front door (13cm and 9cm high) and two from the kitchen into the garden (18cm and 15cm high).
- The front doorway is 89cm wide and the internal ones are 75cm wide.
- Parking is next to the front door.
We know from experience that a holiday is often not complete without your dog! The Coach House is set in the perfect location, adjacent to Alton Water with its 400 acres of beautiful countryside, and with an eight-mile rambling route around the lake!
To make your dog feel at home, we provide:
- a welcome treat
- emergency towels (as we live on Alton Water and know you need to be prepared!)
- extra poo bags
- a guide to dog-friendly pubs and eateries
- help with choosing some of the best local dog walks
We ask you to bring:
- your dog’s own bed
- feeding bowls
- a supply of towels for muddy walks
- anything to make your dog’s stay a happy one!
We do ask that any guest bringing their dog respects the high standards of hygiene which we want to maintain for all our guests. For this reason, we do not allow dogs in the bedroom or on the furniture.
The small garden is enclosed and off-road walks from the property are very easy to access. As you would expect, and because we like happy dogs, we ask that they are never left in the cottage by themselves.
We are happy to discuss other pets coming to stay. We have already accommodated three rabbits of a famous magician and his lovely wife who stayed in the cottage for six weeks whilst appearing in a local pantomime. We think they enjoyed the carrots we left them, but then again … not a lot!